Friday, January 23, 2015

Pineapple On A Burger?? - Studio Grill, Kalamazoo,Michigan


bronco burger
"You're really going to get a hamburger with a pineapple on it??"  I once again had thought my wife had lost her mind.  My wife who once took a poll to see if people liked pineapple because she thought I was nuts for liking them.  I reminded her it was spicy. It had pepper jack cheese and Serrano sauce.  She wanted to try it but she told them to leave the pepper sauce off.  I went for the Bronco Burger, billed as a grilled cheese burger and belt all in one, with thoughts of trading my wife meals when she realized she had made a big mistake.                            
We were in the process of checking out some of the food in Kalamazoo and had chose the Studio Grill downtown.  They have quite a variety of stuffed burgers that caught my eye. They offer a burger stuffed with bbq sauce and cheddar cheese topped with bacon more cheddar cheese and more bbq sauce called the BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burger. They also have A Watson Burger,  that is stuffed with chorizo sausage, topped with chipotle pesto and pepper jack cheese.  Another "interesting" burger is the Nutty Butter Burger topped off with bacon and lots of peanut butter.  They have more stuffed burgers or you can freestyle and create your own. They also serve breakfast featuring various omelets.  
And pancakes.
It turned out that Rebbel made an excellent choice. The combination of savory spicy and sweet along with the juiciness of the pineapple slice was a great combination. My selection, though pretty tame, was good too.  The place was clean and service pretty fast.
pineapple burger
You can find the Studio Grill at 312 W. Michigan Ave Kalamazoo, Michigan. Find them on the web at www.studiogrillkalamazoo.com

No comments: