Sunday, January 25, 2015

Another Day, Another Coney - Virginia Coney Island, Jackson, Michigan

  Today we are in Jackson, Mi.  We decided to try Virginia Coney Island.  They are located  on Michigan Ave and were voted the best Coney Dog in Jackson by MLive and 5th in Michigan. My wife went inside and she said they are a bit cleaner looking than my favorite coney down the street.  The thing I didn't like about Virginia's was the onions. They were finely chopped which Rebbel really likes, but they had a bitter taste and took away from the coney sauce. I knocked the rest off and the sauce was pretty good because it wasn't too spicy and left a great taste in your mouth.  Alas, the hot dog has no snap.  Both Virginia and Jackson Coney Island are very similar in my view.  Maybe you can grab a dog from both places and hold your taste own contest. Virginia Coney Island is located at 649 E Michigan Ave in Jackson Mi. You can find them on the web at:www.virginiaconey.com

No comments: